CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Second Finish of 2014!

After working 3 BUSY nights in a row (get your flu shots, cover your cough and WASH your hands,  folks!), I finally got a little time to stitch. While I am really trying to focus on my bigger projects this month, I was so close to the happy dance on this one that I gave in and finished it up: "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Heartstring Samplery. (And....I left it at our biweekly stitch group before I got a pic. Will share one later.) 

Before I started my working stretch, I made some great progress on "Tanglewood"
and also put a bunch of stitches into a newer start, "Persuasion" by The Stitching Parlor.

I am not an avid fan of Jane Austen, but I really do like her novels. My top three favorites are Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Persuasion, although I am quite fond of the others as well. I enjoy both the novels and the older movie adaptations. (No Kiera Knightley for me!) So, I thought it would be very fitting to have a sampler that features one of those. I have my eye on a couple other smaller pieces by Tanya of The Sampler Girl, but those will be something for future endeavors.

Speaking of books, I am listening again to the audio book versions of the Hunger Games trilogy. I have listened to them before, but there is just something about the story that just captures me. Since I have recently watched the second movie, it just seemed reasonable to check them out again. And, boy, the convenience of digital audio books on my iPhone is great. If only the selection and availability of free or library copies could keep pace.

Another WIP to show you (and one I have no hope of completing anytime soon is "And They Sinned". I'm doing it with Vikki Clayton silks, although if I had realized it's charted in Sampler Threads, I would probably have stuck with those. Oh well. I still like the colors and I made a bit of progress on it last year before it got set aside.

I eagerly await the arrival of the UPS truck next week, for it is bringing me my last stash splurge for awhile. One of my new starts this year is slated to be my first (and probably only) HAED "The Nativity".

I just signed up to try Amazon Prime (after being convinced/tempted by another blogger whose name escapes me), so I am off to catchup on Downton Abbey and put some more X's to fabric.

Thanks for checking in. 

7 comments:

Jen said...

I just love that Tanglewood piece. Looks great. I love Jane Austen's novels. You will enjoy Amazon prime, if you order a lot from them, it is definitely worth it. Of course, watching Downtown Abbey is nice as well.

Angie said...

I love the hunger games.

Great work.

shoulderache said...

Beautiful work!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Tanglewood is just an awesome project!

Margaret said...

You have some lovely projects in the works! I love Tanglewood -- it's so cool!

Melanie said...

Very lovely projects.
I like Jane Austen too, though I agree she's not always adapted...mmm.. very sensibly? (Gosh I love the music score in the Keira P&P movie though. That much, at least, is brilliant.)

Sally said...

Lovely to see you back blogging Sonda. You have some fantastic projects on the go :)