CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 31, 2014

Finish 8...a loooong time coming

I started this piece several years ago. It jumped in and out of the q-snaps with a few bursts of enthusiastic stitching only to be replaced with a new piece I liked better. Lately it has been languishing in my work bag, coming out for 15 minutes here and there. As is usually the case, I realized it was getting very close to the end and I vowed to bring it back into the house for a concentrated run toward the long-awaited finish line.


Here it is in all its autumn glory, Bent Creek's Autumn Snapperland (and a close-up of the last frame):

I seem to be seasonally out-of-sync, as most of my finishes seem to be either Autumn or Christmas projects. I do have a few spring-y things on the q-snaps, but they have not yet grabbed me. I am sure they will soon. 

Oh and I had promised an update on Tanglewood. Unfortunately, it hasn't had any stitches added since I last mentioned it (bad, bad me). 

I finished the Hunger Games trilogy and I've been listening to an interesting audiobook, "Changing Planes" by Ursula K. Le Guin. I do enjoy her stories and this book is no different. It's almost like a collection of short stories.

4 comments:

imnverted said...

kudos on your latest finish!

Sara said...

Congratulations on your 8th finish :)It's gorgeous

And you're in a roll of finishes, great way to start the year :D

Jen said...

Cute finish. I love the Bent Creek Snapperlands. The border is just wonderful.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Sonda,

Autumn Snapperland looks fabulous!! Congrats
on finishing it. Love the border on this with all
the different types of leaves.

I don't worry about what season the piece I'm
stitching might represent ... if it represents
one at all. If it appeals to me at that particular
moment I just go ahead and do it. Which might
explain why I have so many Halloween finishes.

Wonder if the Hunger Games author is writting
a new book or something. It's been awhile
since Mockingjay came out. Great series
though rather brutal.

Cheers!